Fáilte Ireland announces new scheme for tourism businesses
Feb 08, 2021
On Monday, Fáilte Ireland announced details of a new €55 million Tourism Business Continuity Scheme, which is intended to support those tourism businesses that were not eligible for Covid Restrictions Support Scheme (CRSS) payments or previous Fáilte Ireland continuity grant schemes.
Phase 1 of the scheme opens for applications next Thursday, 11 February with Phase 2 to follow in March. Full details and eligibility criteria will be made available, from next Thursday, on the Fáilte Ireland website here.
The Fáilte Ireland website notes that the first phase will open to businesses who meet the eligibility criteria including:
- outdoor activity providers (e.g. bike tours, surf schools, kayaking tours, angling, walking tours, instructor led/guided tourism equestrian experiences)
- golf courses with a tourism offering
- tourist boat tour operators
- hop on/ hop off bus tours with onboard tourism experiences
- visitor attractions not eligible for CRSS (e.g. attractions with charity/ not for profit status or that are primarily outdoor attractions)
- caravan and camping providers registered with Fáilte Ireland
- cruise hire companies
To be eligible for the scheme:
- a business’ monthly turnover from October 2020 to January 2021 must be less than 25% of its average monthly turnover in 2019
- the business must have a minimum annual turnover of €50,000
- the business must not be eligible to apply for the CRSS or have received funding through the Fáilte Ireland Coach Tourism Business Continuity Scheme or Ireland Based Inbound Agents Business Continuity Scheme
The minimum grant available is €3,750 and the maximum grant is €200,000.