Enhancements to the TBESS
A number of enhancements have been made to the Temporary Business Energy Support Scheme in recent weeks.
The enhancements are as follows:
- the extension of the scheme to 31 May 2023
- an increase in the monthly limit on payments for claim periods from 1 March 2023 onwards:
- the €10,000 monthly limit on payments under the scheme has been increased to €15,000 per qualifying business
- the €30,000 monthly limit has been increased to €45,000 per qualifying business in cases where the qualifying business operates across multiple locations
- a reduction of the energy costs threshold from 50% to 30%, with effect from 1 September 2022 (see below)
- an increase in the Temporary Business Energy Payment (TBEP) amount from 40% to 50% of a business’ eligible costs from 1 March 2023
- an extension of the time limit for all claims to 31 July 2023.
The TBESS guidelines have been updated to reflect these changes.
Reduction in the energy costs threshold to 30%.
A qualifying business can benefit from the new reduced threshold for the September 2022 – April 2023 claim periods.
For the months September 2022 – February 2023, Revenue will automatically reassess claims using the new 30% energy costs threshold. A business will not need to amend claims previously submitted to take account of the revised threshold. Processing of claims using the revised threshold have already commenced. A business will receive a notification in their Revenue Online Service (ROS) inbox if any additional payment is due.
For the months March 2023 – April 2023, a claim must specifically be made.